- Originated from a combination of two companies in 1960 viz
Belcosons and Bel-Essex Engineering.
- The companies then engaged in sheet metal fabrications and caravan
- They entered the automotive component industry in 1975 with
the inclusion of small metal-pressed parts and welded assemblies.
- Merged with Microfinish Tooling, which was engaged in the manfacture
of large press tools for the motor industry in 1978.
- Acquired by Bel-Essex Corporation in 1981.
- Auto component manufacturing capabilities expanded to precision
turned and machined parts.
- Growth and technological advancement in all disciplines are
- 160 ton to 450 ton Mechanical presses.
- 150 ton to 250 ton C-frame mechanical presses.
- 10 ton to 60 ton C-frame mechanical presses.
- 150KVA Projection welding equipment.
- 6 axis robotic welding equipment.
- Precision turning and CNC machinery.
- 3D measuring equipment.
Manufacturing of original equipment for the Automotive Industry
in South Africa.
1. Press Tool & Die Manufacturer.
2. Welded metal sub assemblies.
3. Metal Stampings.
4. Precision machining of sub-components.
Fixed contracts for the supply of OE include VWSA, GMSA and Woco.
- ISO 9001
- QS 9000
- ISO TS 16949
BEL-ESSEX INDUSTRIAL CENTRE
- Location - Uitenhage (RSA)
- Closest Port - Port Elizabeth (30km)
- Closest Airport - Port Elizabeth (35km)
- Precision turned and machined components ranging from bushes,
sleeves, plungers, threaded stubs, handbrake pins, gearlevers,
- Automatic turning-diameters range from 3mm diameter to 36mm
- Semi-Automatic Capstan lathes ranges from 3mm diameter to 80mm
- CNC Vertical milling.
- Components are brought in from the Press Shop and Machine Shop
for final assembly.
- Assembled products include firewalls, under body components,
bumber components, hinges, instrument panels and bracketry.
- Machines range from CO2 welding, Robotic welding, Spot and Projection
Pedestal welding machines to overhead hanging stations and metal
BEL-ESSEX METAL PRESSING DIVISION
- Location - Port Elizabeth (RSA)
- Closest Port - Port Elizabeth (5km)
- Closest Airport - Port Elizabeth (10km)
- Sheet-metal pressings ranging from instrument panels, firewalls,
engine covers, hinge components, under body components, brackets,
exhaust hanger components and bumper components, manual and coil
fed presses ranging from 10 ton to 450 tons.
- The Press Shop is supported by a Lay-out Room, Maintenance Department
Click on thumbnails to view full-size image
||250 ton C-frame mechanical press
G.N. (Nico) Maritz
+27(0)41 922 5247
+27(0)41 922 4283
P.O. Box 2298, Port Elizabeth, 6056, South Africa
General Information: email@example.com